MachineForth can look just like traditional Forth if you want, but the carry bit on the x21 series makes it different than traditional Forth, and the flow control words like IF and WHILE don’t consume the flag, they are like DUP IF etc. So in those ways Machine Forth is different, but can support traditional Forth compiler designs etc.
Jeff Fox, 2001. http://www.strangegizmo.com/forth/MachineForth/msg00012.html
- P24 Microprocessor User's Manual by Dr. Ting
- PATEL, Mikael. Vägen mot en minimal Forth arkitektur, 1990.
- Machine Forth for the ARM processor (by Reuben Thomas) ( [source code] )
- MachineForth Mail List Archive
- F21 CPU ( [local mirror 20200103]
- Forth Multiprocessor Chip MuP21
CEBALLOS, Federico de. A Machine Forth Specification based on the PSC1000 capabilities. EuroForth 2000. «http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/euroforth/ef00/ceballos00.pdf» [local mirror 20211105]